The LSAMP program is a NSF funded program that has the objective of increasing the numbers of minority students graduating with degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. The program does this by giving eligible students a stipend and training as they work alongside a CUNY faculty mentor on a research project.
Eligibility and application instructions are as follows:
1. Find a faculty mentor doing research. A list of such faculty mentors can be found here: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/undergraduateresearch/for-students/mentors/
2. Have the mentor agree to take you on in their lab for a research project (spanning 2 months for the summer)
3. Create a research project with your mentor or work on a project your mentor is currently working on.
4. Fill out and submit your application using the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/IEXTjV5QHI
5. Send in supporting documents (scanned) to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com : Updated Transcript, Resume, Birth certificate, Passport or Green Card, Social Security Card.
6. You will be notified via mail of acceptance.
Please contact me if you are interested in working on Big Data Analytics and Data Mining Projects.